I can't believe June is already over! That means my summer is half way over, what?! So here are some of my favorites from the month of June. Also, sorry I've been totally MIA since the summer has started, I've just been super busy, but I'll try to be better about blog posts.
1. Alex and Ani bracelets - I know I really missed this trend because these have been popular for a while. I just got my first one (and second one) yesterday and I totally love them. They are super cute, and stackable, and plain enough that they go with everything. I got the fish one and the "N" one.
2. Rockateur blush by benefit - So I have been using a hand-me-down blush from my mom for ages and it really doesn't match my skin tone and it's beyond old (think like 5 years at least). I am such a make up junkie that I couldn't stand that my blush was so bad when the rest of my make up was so good (I've been investing a lot in nice make up lately). While I was in NYC last weekend I went to Benefit and told the woman "I'll buy whatever blush color you think matches my skin best". And I ended up with this one! I love it so much. The color is a perfect rosy pink, it has some shimmer but not too much, and it smells amazing! Every time I put it on I feel like I'm putting on some powder perfume. Also it doesn't bother my skin at all. That's what I call a win win.
3. The Body Shop - I used to go to The Body Shop all the time when I was younger because my mom loves their green tea line (the blemish fade is awesome) but I never got anything because I thought it was wildly over priced. I went again recently and I think they must have redone their pricing because everything was much more reasonable. My favorites are the 2 for $10 and 3 for $10 bins and the mini perfumes.
4. Hot Yoga - I was trying so hard to find a nice gym to join in the Albany area and was hitting a wall at every turn and a coworker suggested a hot yoga place by my office. Hot yoga is great! It is such an awesome work out and its also calming and relaxing (just make sure you're hydrated because you will sweat buckets). Also the place I go to does some cool classes like barre yoga (combines ballet and yoga) and iron yoga (combines weight lifting and yoga).
5. Spotify - I was starting to get really tired of Pandora and I've heard great things about Spotify and figured I'd give it a try. I totally love it because it's more customized than Pandora (and seems to have less ads) but I'm really struggling with figuring out how to work it. I'll keep you guys posted because my plan is to start doing my blog playlists on Spotify and just link them here.
6. Macarons - When I was in NYC last weekend I made sure to go to Laduree in Soho because I've always heard such great things about their pastries. I got 6 macarons and let me tell you I was in heaven! Those things were so good I could eat them forever. I want to buy the cook book so I can try making them on my own (future post? maybe ;) ).
7. Savina nail polish in Passion Pink - ok I'm not going to lie this formula is awful but I am so addicted to the color. And trust me I can not find this color anywhere else (I have about 10 neon pink nail polishes that basically all look the same).
8. Nook app - I have iBooks and the Kindle app but Nook is by far my favorite. I got introduced to it by my roommate because we have such similar taste in books and she wanted to share her books with me but she mostly reads ebooks. That is what is cool about the Nook app is that you can share books with your friends. It is awesome.
What are some of your June favorites?
A little about me
Natalie. 26. Mechanical engineer. Mining and Minerals Engineering graduate from Virginia Tech. I love pugs, pink, crafting, feminism, makeup, and reading.