1. Instagram - I am a total Insta addict. I'm pretty sure I annoy all my followers with how much I post. I can't help that it's my favorite social media.
2. Pinterest - OK I can not rave enough about how much I love the Pinterest app. It is so much better than the website and so much easier to use. I blame it for the reason I have almost 20,000 pins.
3. Vine - Easily the most entertaining app. I always watch a bunch of Vines before bed so I can laugh myself to sleep.
4. Pandora - I mainly love having this on my phone so I can play Pandora in my car, also when I'm in the shower. Its nice to have your favorite stations always at your finger tips.
5. Shazam - Good for someone who is as behind on new music as me. It saves you from having to ask what the song is that's playing when you know everyone else already knows.
6. IMDB- I love looking up the trivia about whatever show or movie I'm watching and it also helps when you're having a "what else were they in" kind of moment.
7. TV Guide - I don't have fancy cable that has a guide right on the TV so it helps to have an app that will do that. Then I never miss important shows.
8. Waterlogue - I already wrote about it here!
9. CVS - If you have a prescription with CVS you need this app now. You can request a refill right from the app and they'll text you when it's ready. Makes filling prescriptions so easy.
10. My Fitness Pal - I like to count my calories and track my workouts and this app is perfect for it. If you are trying to lose weight or maintain weight this app is a really good tool to have.
11. GeoQpons - EVERYONE needs this app! They have all the emailed out coupons in this app for free. You can unsubscribe from all the annoying emails and just use your phone. Also the coupons scan straight from your phone so no need to print them out. Environmentally friendly and saves me money? Win win!
What's your favorite app? xoxo Natalie
So I have been obsessing over Lilly Pulitzer's new print Lobstah Roll.
How cute is it?!
I have totally set it as my computer and phone background and I want to buy absolutely everything that comes in this pattern. Here are a few of my favorites. Here is where you can find the backgrounds for all your technology!
1. Skipper Printed Popover - I love a good quarter zip and this pattern just makes it perfect for bringing to the beach!
2. Ardleigh Dress - I love the silhouette of this dress, it is super cute for summer and spring.
3. iPhone 5/5S Cover - I just bought the First Impressions phone case but I might have to go out and buy this one too.
4. Riley Tassel Trim Infinity Loop Scarf - Nothing is a better accessory than an infinity scarf. The tassels on this one are such a cute detail It would pair really well with a plain colored tank or tee.
5. Acrylic Wine Glasses Set - I actually have these and I love them! Definitely a must if you have a porch or patio and don't want to risk breaking glass out there.
Everyone knows that long distance relationships are hard but if you do a good job they are a lot easier.
Right now I am in a long distance relationship with one of my best friends, Leslie. She is Co-oping about 1,300 miles away from me. When I first heard that she was leaving I was totally devastated and quite frankly I was scared. We had spend two and a half years spending almost every day together (besides breaks) and I had spent all of college with her. I was nervous that our friendship couldn't last when being separated by many miles and many months. Fortunately, Leslie and I are still just as close so I want to share some tips on how to make long distance work.
I am also long distance with my friend Tara who is studying abroad right now. The hardest thing about keeping in contact with a friend who is abroad is that you have to be careful not to get charged huge fees for international contact. I have also been long distance with Tara for a long time since we go to school 6 hours apart, and often our breaks from school don't match up. Yet, we have remained besties since freshman year of high school and are still really close.
And just in case you think I'm a total noob at this, I have been VERY long distance with my best friend Kelly for a really long time. Kelly and I met in middle school when we were both the new kids and clicked right away. I was totally devastated when I heard sophomore year that Kelly was going to move to Colorado, and Kelly and I have been long distance friends ever since, and we have remained as close as ever.
So, I will be writing about three different kinds of long distance friendships and ways to keep them close. This will be done in three parts!
My general Tips
1. Snapchat is your best friend - The beauty of snapshat is you get to talk and see your bestie at the same time.
2. Share small details - It's important to not only talk when there are major things going on but also to talk about the small things. By keeping your friend updated on all the small stuff they can better understand the big stuff.
3. If there is a time difference make sure to be aware of it. If you have an iphone it's easy to add clocks to your phone through the world clocks.
1. The temporary distance, Written by Leslie
Ah, the long-distance relationship…Ted Mosby may say it never works, but I have to respectfully disagree. To be clear, I am not talking about romantic relationships, but friendships. Though I’m sure these three easy points would work for romantic relationships too.
Here are my three “tips” on making any long-distance relationship work:
Come to think of it, these three tips all really just fall under the main guideline that I live my life by:
Treat others the way you would like to be treated.
That’s why I like to make people happy, because I don’t like being sad, or mad. And thanks to Snapchat, it’s so easy to take a funny picture and send it off to put a smile on someone’s face :)
I will be the first to admit, I am not an expert on this stuff…but I hope it helped!
Do you have long distance friendships?
Natalie. 25. Mechanical engineer. Mining and Minerals Engineering graduate from Virginia Tech. I love pugs, pink, nail polish, crafting, feminism, makeup, and Netflix.