This is going to be a really long list because I was so spoiled by a lot of new make up products in January (thanks mom <3) so I had a lot to play with. Most months I start off by saying I can't believe how time has flied but this month I wish it flied a little faster. I can not wait for this winter weather to be over.
1. Tarte colored clay CC eye primer stick - This is so amazing. It makes eye shadow color look so much more intense and it doesn't crease up at all. Extra props because it's vegan!
2. Too Faced Sweethears Blush in Something about Berry - I absolutely love this color! It's very rose colored so if you are new to blush I would stay away from this or choose a less intense color of this blush. What I love about this the most is that it's segmented into three shades so you can adjust the shade by rubbing the brush in different parts of the container. It has a nice shimmer to it too. Plus the packaging is so pretty.
3. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara - This makes my eyelashes look so long and full without clumping together. I think the name pretty much says it all.
4. Benefit High Brow - I can not say this enough; eyebrows are the most important part of make up!!! This is a pencil that you use to highlight under and/or above your eyebrow. It's so subtle but it makes such a huge difference.
5. Benefit Instant Brow Pencil - Again, eyebrows are everything. I love this pencil because when you don't have a ton of time in the morning it's easy to just fill your eyebrows really quick with this pencil. It also has a bristle on the end to buff out the pencil a little to make it more natural looking. It also has a bit of a gel consistency so it's great for unruly brows.
6. Eos Hand Lotion in Berry Blossoms - So this lotion is nothing too fabulous. It does a good job but just good not great. What made this product one of my favorites is the packaging! It is very thin and sleek so it's great for purses or backpacks. Plus it smells so good.
7. Too Faced Melted Liquefied Long Wear Lipstick in Fuchsia - I am so in love with this color. It is just the perfect shade of neon pink. It also is so long lasting I almost never have to apply it more than once during an event, even when I'm eating and drinking. There were a lot of other pretty shades but naturally I went with hot pink.
8. The buffer airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush - I recently started applying my liquid foundation with a brush. I used to apply it with a blending sponge but I cried myself to sleep thinking about how much of my make up was being sucked up inside it so I decided to switch to a brush. This one does a really good job of getting a smooth, even finish. Plus it's super soft and feels good on my skin.
I think it's pretty obvious that my favorite brands this month are Tarte, Too Faced, and Benefit. I think with these three brands you just can't go wrong. I have yet to find a product they offer that isn't fabulous.
Let me know what your favorites are. xoxo Natalie
For this pinsday I got really crafty. I have had some adventures in sewing before but nothing recently besides the pillow I did for another pinsday post! (and that was a struggle). I decided that for this pinsday I was going to make myself a pretty tutu skirt. I always struggle with skirts because I'm a little old school and don't really like anything shorter than knee length. That's just personal preference though, no slut shaming here! But since knee length isn't super "in" right now I decided I should just try making a skirt myself. Here was my original inspiration.
The Pinterest Way
When I actually went to follow the instructions though I thought they were kind of hard to follow so I decided to go to youtube instead.
This tutorial is really great! I like that it uses an elastic waistband and that the size is really customized with clear instructions. And here is a good video tutorial for how to sew an elastic waistband.
I love this skirt!! It is so pretty and fluffy. The only thing I would've done differently is put two layers of liners on because it is very pale which makes it kind of shear. This wasn't a super difficult sewing project but since it involves sewing I would say it's more difficult than most DIYs.
More pictures of the skirt to come! I actually made this with a certain event in mind so once that event happens I'll have lots of pictures to post. :)
How would you style a tulle skirt?
A little about me
Natalie. 26. Mechanical engineer. Mining and Minerals Engineering graduate from Virginia Tech. I love pugs, pink, crafting, feminism, makeup, and reading.