I'm mixing it up today and doing a hair tutorial instead of food! So I struggle really hard with my hair because it's really curly but not cute enough curls that I can just let it be natural. This means that every single morning I have to do my hair (which takes at least 20 minutes). EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. That is 20 extra minutes of sleep I could be getting. So in order to remedy this I have been trying some "overnight curls" tutorials from Pinterest so that I can just wake up and take whatever out of my hair and be good to go. Another bonus is that they are no heat so it saves my hair from getting damaged. The tutorial I'm going to show here is the best one that I have found.
Here is the video I used that I had originally found on Pinterest. The girl can be a little hard to listen to because she drags on a bit but she does a good job of showing the method. Bonus points because you can make these either overnight curls or quick middle of the day curls.
It's super easy, the curls come out pretty and it saves me lots of time in the morning. So here are some of my tips for doing it:
Happy hump day! xoxo Natalie
1. Ban Bossy
I have been called a smarty pants so may times before that I can't even count. I'm never trying to show off my intelligence I just like sharing things that I find interesting. This campaign is trying to end the use of words that put people down for being smart and strong and a leader.
2. Slone Ranger New Arrivals
Here are some of my favorite Slone Ranger new arrivals! I was totally inspired for this by HistoryinHighHeels.
1. #Preppy tote bag : a good tote bag is always a must have.
2. #Preppy Stud Duos : I love these since these are a set because I have double holes so I would totally put the preppy ones in my lower holes and the hashtag ones in my second holes.
3. Anchor Crossbody Bag : I love a good cross body bag and I feel like navy goes with almost everything so this would be the perfect purse for summer.
4. Lobster Bangle : I am a little obsessed with lobsters lately (you'll see another post about this very soon)
5. Whale Wrap Bracelet : So adorable!
6. Double Lobster Bangle : I love bangles like this because I always have such a hard time getting my hands into bangles and these just make it so much easier.
3. Three year old donates her hair
This just melted my heart! This little girl has her uncle cut her hair for her so she can donate it fr kids with illnesses that make their hair fall out. I just love that he cuts her dolls hair too so they can look pretty together. I've always wanted to donate my hair but I have dyed it so many times that they won't take it.
Having such a kind heart is what really makes this little girl beautiful inside and out.
4. Letter to my future wife
I am not a sappy romantic by any stretch of the imagination but this letter made my heart race a little. Some of the reminders in it I think every girl needs to hear.
Here is the link!
5. And because I love Frozen ....
Are you guys sick of me posting about Frozen yet? :) xoxo Natalie
Natalie. 25. Mechanical engineer. Mining and Minerals Engineering graduate from Virginia Tech. I love pugs, pink, nail polish, crafting, feminism, makeup, and Netflix.