1. Stop saying "I have a boyfriend"
This article is brilliant! I really hate that a lot of times women get respect based off of their relation to a man. One way we can stop this is by stopping the use of "I have a boyfriend" instead of just saying that you are uninterested. It makes men think that ...
1. It is ok to disrespect you up until the point when you "belong" to another man and at that point he should respect that man's property.
2. The only reason they can't have you is because you are already "taken" not because maybe they were being creepy, or that you just didn't like them for some reason or another which devalues your opinion.
Another good point this article makes is to not apologize for not being interested. It's your choice and you have a right to not be sorry for it.
This article though perfectly words it in a way that I cant.
Read it here.
2. The most impressive streaking of all time
If any of you guys have seen American Ninja Warrior you know that the course is really difficult and people train for years to be able to get a chance to complete it. Well this streaker did one of the best jobs I've ever seen on the course and managed to take some times to dance in between obstacles.
3. A really amazing hair product ad
You guys know about me and my feminism. Well this commercial is brilliant and really goes well with the Ban Bossy campaign I've written about before.
4. Stuff no one told me
This is a cute blog where a cartoonist posts cartoons about things no one told him. Here are some of my favorites. Link here.
5. Everyday Sexism
Feminism again. Just watch and love it.
Which I should get back to studying for.
Have an amazing week! xoxo Natalie
My favorite Ted Talks!
Here are some Ted Talks I really love. Most of them have feminist themes but what can I say I'm a feminist!
1. We should all be feminists
2. If I should have a daughter...
3. Inspiring the ext generation of female engineers
4, Engineers - where are the girls and why aren't they here?
What's your favorite Ted Talk? xoxo Natalie
Natalie. 25. Mechanical engineer. Mining and Minerals Engineering graduate from Virginia Tech. I love pugs, pink, nail polish, crafting, feminism, makeup, and Netflix.