TV dramas is kind of my catch all TV category. I mostly use it to describe shows that are an hour long instead of a half hour. Sooooo here it goes!
1. Walking Dead - I absolutely love survival and post apocalypse shows. What I love about this show is that it doesn't just show the initial trying to survive problems like acquiring weapons and food but it shows the long term survival stuff. It also explores how a zombie apocalypse effects humans on an emotional and moral level, not just physically. Definitely an addictive show. Heads up it's very graphic.
2. Orange is the New Black - Netflix originals are great. This show is funny and sad and happy and chock full of drama. Heads up there are some intense lesbian scenes.
3. Bones - If you're an NCIS fan this is a good show for you. It's got all kinds of nerd stuff in it but is also really funny and you grow to love the characters. This is a really good mystery type show. Another warning that this is really graphic, I used to watch it while I ate meals but I cant really do that anymore without getting sick. (the premise is dead bodies so I don't know what I was expecting.)
4. Lost - This is an oldie but goodie. If you've never seen Lost I feel like you have to watch it now. It's really good (another survival show) and it's a TV cult classic.
5. American Horror Story - The best thing about AHS is that every season is a complete story. New characters, new setting, new time period, and new element of horror, all the same actors. Heads up, if you can't tell from the title it is scary, probably the best TV horror I've ever seen.
6. Bates Motel - If you've seen Psycho you should watch Bates Motel, if you've seen Bates Motel you should watch Psycho. Bates motel is the modern day back story to Psycho. It's really interesting and they do a good job of incorporating elements form the original Psycho movie. You probably know what I'm going to say, heads up it's graphic.
7. The Vampire Diaries - Ok, TVD is one of my guilty pleasures. I was so anti vampire when Twilight came out that I didn't even give TVD a chance until one of my friends made me watch it with her. These are no sparking vampires in this show, they are blood thirsty murderers. If you like action and not a lot of romance you'll probably enjoy TVD because the romance stuff is kind of minor even though they play it up a lot in the advertisements.
8. Gossip Girl - Another cult TV show. People go nuts over Gossip Girl and I totally understand why. There is so much drama that you can expect from people who are too young and have too much money. Makes me want to be an Upper East Side elite.
9. Pretty Little Liars - If you like mysteries and shows that give you answers to only open up 100 more questions that will probably never get answered then this is the show for you! This show is my addiction.
Sorry this is such a long post, I just have to do these shows justice! As always, let me know if you watch any of these and let me know what you think!
A little about me
Natalie. 26. Mechanical engineer. Mining and Minerals Engineering graduate from Virginia Tech. I love pugs, pink, crafting, feminism, makeup, and reading.