Tomorrow is my first day of classes and I bet it also is for a bunch of you college goers. So I thought I would give some tips on how to start your semester right.
1. Get to class early. This leaves wiggle room for finding the right classroom, getting a good seat, and making sure you're set up and ready to take notes. I suggest getting there 20-30 minutes before class starts.
2. Have the syllabus printed out ahead of time if possible. Most of the time the first day of class is just spent going over the syllabus. This seem pointless but your professor will point out important information and tell you things that might not be typed out on the syllabus for you like office hours and TA's names and emails. Also highlight all the important dates like project due dates and test days.
3. Have your backpack packed the night before.
4. Walk your class schedule the day before. That way you know where you're going and know the best way to get there. Also keep your eye out for things that are close by like bike racks and dining halls.
5. Save your class schedule on your phone. That way you're not looking at a piece of paper that could get lost or ripped or crumpled or whatever. Also it saves you from looking like a total freshman.
Best of luck lovelies! xoxo Natalie
Natalie. 25. Mechanical engineer. Mining and Minerals Engineering graduate from Virginia Tech. I love pugs, pink, nail polish, crafting, feminism, makeup, and Netflix.